Coperband butterflyfish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ilovereef

Has anyone experienced copperband butterflyfish in your sps/lps reef tank? I just got one and still watch with caution but I am not home most of the day...

Mine did fine until it was eaten by my carper anemone. He like to look for pods in the live rock and eat tubeflex worms.

We've had one for about 6 months. It's is our favorit fish. Always looking in the rock for snacks, but doesn't bother the corals, or anyone else really. She will eat from my fingers also.

Steven11 has one that is doing great but besides eating any aptasia, has consumed 100%of his cluster dusters. Eats about any foods. A keeper is quite valuable but I have seen many wild caught ones quickly fold or slowly starve. OMO butterflys though beautiful are not a beginner fish.

We've had one for about 6 months. It's is our favorit fish. Always looking in the rock for snacks, but doesn't bother the corals, or anyone else really. She will eat from my fingers also.

Good to hear. Mine is always looking in the rock for food too. What do you feed her that she eats from your finger?

We got some clams from the grocery store, froze them, then thaw and cut it into pieces, large enough to hold yet not so big 'she' couldn't eat. (I only call her a she because I've desided she's a she)

Back