Copper Removal w/reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hdben

Are there any adverse effects or is it ill advised to top off rowaphos with cuprisorb. I just refilled my 2 fishes reactor with rowaphos, and want to top if off with cuprisorb. Got a bad batch of water from the water store, yes I know I need my own ro/di. Any input or experiences are appreciated.

hdben

You know, dealin with some bad water. Getting ready to order a new ro membrane and new di as well. Friday the Eagle flies that's when I really know what I'm gettin. How are things down your way, Good I hope?

Interesting question hdben and I have no real answer sorry, so I would advise against it. Chemcially I see nothing wrong but do not think it is a very efficeint method. If it was in a canister filter where the water paase through the Cuprasorb first then the GFO, I see no issue but the other way around bothers me to a degree, water throogh GFO and then the Cuprasorb, as GFO's give off some Iron and OH ions and the pore water pH and Alk is high and I do not know how that might effect Cuprasorb.

Thanks for the info Boomer, for now I am running cuprisorb in a reactor on its own. Everyone so far is still alive and doing ok, just have to keep up the extra water changes.

Just wondering why are you running Cuprisorb ? Did you suspect cooper in the tank for some reason from the store water ?

I had a positive test for copper, the first indicator was when things went south fast. Took a sample of tank water and water from supplier and both were positve. Took water to LFS and they said the same thing. Water supply showed significantly higher so that is where I figured it came from. That's the reason for the cuprisorb, seems to be working along with alot of water changes.

OK. See if the LFS has any Polyfiters, they turn blue if there is any cooper and they also remove cooper. Carbon also removes cooper.

Back