Coral Beauty

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

most people here are going to tell you that it is hit or miss with the coral beauty (and dwarf angels in general); and they're right. i've had two and haven't had any problems with either of them chomping on corals or inverts. other people have had that occasional problem child that spent it's day picking at everything in the tank. all in all, i'd say that they are safe. worste case scenario, you have to take it out and return it to the lfs.

I agree with lizardarm. I've found that some hobbyists have issues, while others do not. I ran into something similar with my bicolor blenny. I heard all kinds of stories about how they didn't bother any corals or clams, and only a couple of people told me they nipped at corals. Of course, my bicolor blenny liked to eat SPS, and had to be removed.

Here is a thread about them: FOTW ~Centropyge bispinosa~

lizardarm said:
most people here are going to tell you that it is hit or miss with the coral beauty (and dwarf angels in general); and they're right. i've had two and haven't had any problems with either of them chomping on corals or inverts. other people have had that occasional problem child that spent it's day picking at everything in the tank. all in all, i'd say that they are safe. worste case scenario, you have to take it out and return it to the lfs.

Agreed. I've had mine for 3-4 years in a softie dominated tank and he has been a model citizen. You takse your chances, you plays the game!!!! :D

Thanks

Thanks to all that replied. Guess I'll take my chances. The coral beauty I have came from a friend who is taking down his tank. The fish is over 10 years old. Anyone know how long fish live?

One of the guys in my reef club has a pair of Occellaris clowns that he's had for 12 years, the guy he got them from said he'd had them for two...so thse are at least 14+ years old....

Nick

MtnDewMan has clownfish that are 14 years old :)

Back