coral life hang on back metal halide???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

syddakyd

hi i have a coral life light fixture which is pretty big. instead of tossing it out and upgrading (260 watts), could i just add light by using the hang on back metal halide?

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/General/Landing1179a490.html

will i be able to move it in a way that i can shine it into the tank but behind my fixture thats already there (my fixture sits right on top of the glass)

is this purchase worth my while?

do i need a special ballast for this. no site that sells it says that i do. i know absolutely nothing about halides but that they are powerful

can i just plug it into a regular outlet?

Well to me i think that your alod fixture will block a lot of the halides light from getting into the tank. It can be adjust to shine anyway you want but i still see a problem with your old fixture. Can you provide us with a picture or a drawing of what your light so we can see exactly what we are working with?

It is worth if its a small tank, if not then i think it wouldn't be so worth your wild anymore. You would probably be better off just buying a whole halide fixture with actinics and evertyhing.

You wouldn't need an extra ballast with this because it comes with everything. All you do is just plug it in and your good to go.

Yes you can just plug it into a regular outlet.

Hope this helped.

Nick

Back