Coralife Calcium Reactors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Fijikid

Hello!

Anyone have a experience using a Coralife Calcium Reactor? If so what do you think? Thank you for the feed back!
Coralife Calcium Reactors

calcium_reactors_coralife_ca+.jpg
Features:
  • Easy-Twist CA+ Reactor Chamber Cover (3" dia.) with pH Probe/Sensor Inlet Fitting
  • Integrated Clear CO2 Bubble Counter and CO2 Check Valve
  • Reactor Intake Media Strainer
  • 3` Water Supply Input Tubing with Strainer
  • Water Supply Control Valve
  • Removable Self-Priming External Pump
  • Clear Water-Flow Indicator Chamber
  • 3` CA+ Reactor Output Tubing
  • Compact High-Grade Acrylic Construction
Note: Calcium Media and CO2 System Required

these are still fairly new on the market. you might try contacting eric or wil at the shark reef (rf sponsor). i know that they just set one up on their new sps tank in the shop a few weeks back. they might be able to tell you what their opinion is on the set up and performance now that it's been up and running for a while

Hey guys,

Yes I did set it up on our 90 gallon sps tank and so far it has been working great. I got it with a pinpoint PH monitor and a Bluline CO2 Regulator including the bubble conter on that. It is funny that you asked about this today because I just ordered a Pinpoint PH Controller for it instead of the PH Monitor and I also ordered a Pinpoint Calcium Monitor for it also.

So far I have no complaints about it. It is very easy to set up and run. It is also the best deal you can find on the market in my opinion.

Our SPS tank has flourished and I know that is one of the contributing factors. Once I get my Calcium Monitor I will be able to get a better idea of it stability. But for anyone that wants a calcium reactor on a budget or just to save a bunch of money I think it is great!!!

If any of you are interested in a whole set up let me know I have great deals on them.

Hope this helps a little

Let us know how the calcium monitor goes. I bought one when they first came out and it was not stable. I had to re-calibrate it every day in order to get a somewhat accurate reading. If I didn't it would start off at 380 and climb it's way up to 800 in a matter of a day. Also, you have to have the calibration fluids the same temperature as the tank water or the readings are way off. So let us know your experience.

Any updates on either the Coralife Calcium Reactor or the Pinpoint Calcium Monitor? I am curious are working out? any problems?

They work great!!! I have had the smaller one on my 90 gallon sps tank and the last time I checked the calcium (a few days ago)it was at 467. I have had no problems or complaints with it at all.

As far as the calcium monitor goes. I have had no problems with it except it is not really a monitor, it's more like a tester. You can't have it contimually monitoring the calcium.

Hello Again!

Eric Can you post some pictures of how the Corallife Calcium Reactor is working in your tank? If you have before and after picture that would be great, if not that's cool to. :)

Here's a few pictures for you. Sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy and don't live on the computer. Hope these help.

Attachments

• Coralife Calcium.jpg
    Coralife Calcium.jpg
    97.6 KB
  • Coralife Reactor.jpg
    Coralife Reactor.jpg
    88.3 KB
Here are some pictures of the tank itself too. I have a ton of SPS in right now. Sorry for the horrible pictures, I have definately not learned how to take amazing pictures of tanks like some of you.

Attachments

• 90 SPS.jpg
    90 SPS.jpg
    98.5 KB
  • 90 Gallon SPS_sm.jpg
    90 Gallon SPS_sm.jpg
    98.2 KB
  • 90 SPS Side.jpg
    90 SPS Side.jpg
    99.6 KB
  • Picasso.jpg
    Picasso.jpg