Coralife digital power strip questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitlife79

Pitlife79
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get some feedback on this product. I got one of these things for Christmas, plugged it in, set the time, set the timers, and thought everything was good. Well it never worked!! I tried resetting it, and nothing. One day it would turn on when it was supposed to, but not turn off at the specified time. The next day it wouldn't turn on when it was supposed to, but it would turn off at the correct time. THEN the stupid thing started turning my lights on in the middle of the night. I checked the settings, rechecked the settings, checked them one more time to be sure, but this stupid thing hasn't worked right since I got it. The instructions say to let is cycle for 24 hours if it isn't working right, well I've let it cycle for about 72 hours all together, trying to reset it. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone else use this stupid thing? Unfortunately, it was a gift and I don't have the box to return it, so I'm stuck with it. All I want it to do is work!!! Is that so hard to ask?? LOL, any feedback would help. I just want to know if anyone else has this thing, and if they've had the same problems. I want answers dammit!!! j/k

Coralife Power Strip

I have 2 of these strips and they work like a champ. There is one setting that you have to make sure that you have on. There is a button called "mode" that you need to press a couple of times to make sure that that "AUTO" is displayed. After you do this, the 24-hour cycle should take effect. The only other thing I would watch out for is the "PROG" button. Sometimes you can schedule multiple on/off cycles and they could cancel each other out. The only other thing that is commonly overlooked is the AM/PM setting. Good luck.

is it a dual timer?? i think they were the ones with the fire problems..i have one of the single timer units..mine works fine...ooopps, nevermind..i don't have the digital one

The one that I have is digital. It has the yellow prongs for daytime and the blue ones for nightime. I don't think that it's the dual timer though.

Thanks for the replies,

Yes, I have made sure that the timer cycle is on "AUTO" and I have also cancelled all other timers to see if I could get at least one setting to work. No luck. Hmmmm....

Don W already gave you the best advice on what to do with it....:rolleyes:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a huge thread on another forum where a fire was started because of one of these. Many other people chimed in and several other incidents were mentioned.

Personally, I'd either try and return it for a refund/exchange it for something else. I had one of these a few years back, and I had the same issue, initially it worked, but then quite switching....so I stopped using it, and then found the thread I mentioned earlier.

Nick

I just re-built my timer set up and all is working well. I got the timers from home depot for $19 each. There working well and have dual recepticals

Last edited:
Back