Coralvue's new super reef series of skimmers/reactors

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skimmy

SKIM FU
So these look kinda promising...potentially...
http://www.coralvue.com/SuperReef.html
Which is a huge compliment coming from me considering it's Coralvue.
NOT my favorite company by a longshot....but still, a decent skimmer is a decent skimmer...even if they are just "jumping on ther bandwagon".
I'm very interested to see the wattage and power factor #'s of their modded askoll pumps.."the bubbleblasters" which of course they don't post on the internet...but you know...speak very little so you don't reveal your ignorance, which I'm sure are words Coralvue lives by... :)

The cylindrical skimmer bodies look like WM got raped, as well as Deltec's new valve outlet. (...who knows who their rippin off with the new askoll volute/pinwheel dim's/ #'s) ...and POOF!!!
You have a new skimmer line!!! lol
The Octo cone is almost a total ATB knock-off like the I-tech, at least potentially the pump is stronger/more stable than a sicce psk2500 as long as they didn't screw it up(octo did a horrible PW/venturi hack-job modification to the sicce, comparatively).
The CArx's are almost a direct copy of vertex's design, if I'm not mistaken... far better than their older premium design though....
Furthermore!!!.... ( :) )
Coralvue has well known issues with customer service and accountability,
and they are the epitome of "buyer beware" type company...
But as I have said in the past, the Chinese are not stupid, and they are getting smarter and smarter about what they rip off by the second, and these skimmers/reactors reflect that.
Good overall design, good air draw #'s, nice features...If your feeling like taking a chance and saving a few hundred bucks and are comfortable with the thought that your on your own probably if your not satisfied, then go for it. they say that they give the pump a 3 year warranty...heh...I can only hope they live up to their word. I think the small cone is going to street for $400 and the 5000-sss is going to street for $500 is what I read on RC.
We need some pigeons to try these out on...who's it gonna be?? lol

The cone is sold to CV from atb so its no rip off mark. CV does the distribution for atb. They are just slapping on cheaper parts. The cylinder skimmers are similar to the hurricone's. I wonder if they will replace them? May as well since these guys are cheaper to make and performance will be similar. So they have the atb 840 body and the 1050 body, so i think the 1050 cv mod will come out a few mths after that cone. Will pry pull 85scfh and be in the ballpark of 500-800bux.

Sounding great and being great are two very different things. The main thing i see is how well the pump's work. If they are quiet, no restart issues and pull the air they say at the wattage they say, then they will be nice. The pump i saw tested pulled 85scfh around 50w.

The cone is sold to CV from atb so its no rip off mark. CV does the distribution for atb. They are just slapping on cheaper parts. The cylinder skimmers are similar to the hurricone's. I wonder if they will replace them? May as well since these guys are cheaper to make and performance will be similar. So they have the atb 840 body and the 1050 body, so i think the 1050 cv mod will come out a few mths after that cone. Will pry pull 85scfh and be in the ballpark of 500-800bux.

WOW...is ATB on crack??? I cant believe they did that...

Sounding great and being great are two very different things. The main thing i see is how well the pump's work. If they are quiet, no restart issues and pull the air they say at the wattage they say, then they will be nice. The pump i saw tested pulled 85scfh around 50w.

Well hopefully it will be what they say. So are you impressed with the pump you saw tested?

Yes and no. It is a nice pump that pulls a ton of air, starts up nicely and is quiet. However you can get the real deal askoll modded for the same price as the ko. And the real one pulls more air.

Those look seriously sick, can't believe how far they've gone in the recent years with these skimmers!

Yes and no. It is a nice pump that pulls a ton of air, starts up nicely and is quiet. However you can get the real deal askoll modded for the same price as the ko. And the real one pulls more air.

So your tellin me those arent even real Askoll/laguna motor blocks??
Jeez, I didnt even know...:oops: how'ed I miss that??

did you happen to see the power factor??

Nope, just the air pull and wattage, no clue on pf. And yes those are completely manufactured pumps made by honya. They are not askoll motors. Its a complete ko of the askoll. The eheim to jebo or sedra to genx, sedra to resun...etc.

Back