diablo

sand loving outcast
can you name them??

supermanmonti.jpg

#2 close up
supermanmacro.jpg

#3 Im looking up the name myself.
purplewithwhitepolyps.jpg

hey see that first one, i have one that looks like that, but its orange ill post later

The first is a M. Danae (aka. Superman) at least from the looks of it. The rest are a bunch of very nice looking Acropora.

The first is a M. Danae (aka. Superman) at least from the looks of it. The rest are a bunch of very nice looking Acropora.

Its not. just the first superman was M. Danae so anything with the same coloration has gotten names that. the coralite structure is way different.

I will take a stab at a bunch of these when I get some time later.

1st one I have no idea. Maybe M Mollis, No real distinct featured except for lack of coralite definition. might be easier with polyps retracted.

Second one maybe a Cerealis, Not very confident on that either.

third is ORA. cant remember the name though.

fourth too small

fifth same deal

sixth cant see much but polyps. think ORA also

seventh no IDea

eighth- I want a small frag. probably Elegans, small change it is simplex. the branches looked smoother with occasional coralites.

1st one I have no idea. Maybe M Mollis, No real distinct featured except for lack of coralite definition. might be easier with polyps retracted.

Second one maybe a Cerealis, Not very confident on that either.

third is ORA. cant remember the name though.

fourth too small

fifth same deal

sixth cant see much but polyps. think ORA also

seventh no IDea

eighth- I want a small frag. probably Elegans, small change it is simplex. the branches looked smoother with occasional coralites.

So basically you have no clue what any of these are, but yet felt compelled to post it in a datailed way... Guess we need more that SPS to be cool :rolleyes:

those 2 in the second post I am having a hard time trying to ID. been growing them from frags. just waiting on them too grow alittle more.

the second pic in the second post is a frag from indoor reef. Its off that tri color the had about a year ago, but wouldn't sale to no body.

those 2 in the second post I am having a hard time trying to ID. been growing them from frags. just waiting on them too grow alittle more.

the second pic in the second post is a frag from indoor reef. Its off that tri color the had about a year ago, but wouldn't sale to no body.

I was going to say tricolor too!!! I used to have a thick and thin branch of that. They are really beautiful when they get bigger. The one you are speaking of is really starting to encrust well.

So basically you have no clue what any of these are, but yet felt compelled to post it in a detailed way... Guess we need more that SPS to be cool :rolleyes:

There is no 100% certain way to id coral without looking at bare skeletal structure. but I give general idea's, here is an example of a monti Mollis
http://www.reefermadness.us/RMD09211987.htm

this is an example Of why I think it could be the same coral.

but for the most part they are too small because the easiest way to start is growth structure and then start analizing the coralites and so on. but capivity can change corals significantly. We have seen many times where two frags from the same colony will grow way different.

you know it has the coloration but it would have to be growing really weird.

http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/001-100/Species pages/75.htm

this is wild tort. Yours is really small but they usually dont have a lack of radial coralites.

I agree.. Those branches look pretty thin to be a tort. I was going to say I have one that looks very similar but no green.. I've not yet been able to get a solid ID either. Its one of my fav's though. Haven't seen another one quite like it. Wasn't cheap I tell you that... 70 for a SMALL frag..

Back