CPR Bak Pak 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kyle_yokomo

I will be receiving a CPR Bak Pak 2 next week, and was wondering on set-up tips. I am new at reef keeping, so this is my first skimmer. It will be going on a 29gal tank. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for the info, Im acually working on that mod as we speak. Also what about the media they give you, that blue stuff that looks like shredded paper, does it serve a purpose, Ive read people saying to lose the media all-together?

OK. I bought the skimmer off E-bay brand new for $60 without the powerhead, but I have a Maxi-jet 1000 that I am doing the mesh mod to, I know the CPR comes with a 1200 Maxi-jet is the 1000 Maxi jet going to work? or should I buy a 1200

Got the skimmer the other day, and is installed and working. My question is how far should the bubbles go up the collection cup tube? I know you want the bubbles pretty close to the top if not at the top. I just wondering because setting the right height on the collection cup can be tricky to get it just right.

Overall I am very impressed with the quality of the CPR Bak Pak 2, I know its been out a long time but as far as Im concerned it one of the best Hang-on skimmers out there.

Back