Crab trap total

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tieg

Not to crowd the other thread http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28538with more pics here is a pic of the total amount of crab I caught using the tumbler glass method over the course of 3 days:
20992Crabs.JPG

The biggest one is pic in the other thread...the 2 little guys were caught yesterday and lastnight. The 2 together appear to be the same species (Gorilla crab?) but the other guy is for sure different in regard no hairy legs...stripes on legs...as well as his eyes are farther apart then the other two but in the end...a crab is a crab is a crab. Any thoughts on getting rid of them? Toilet? I have an over flow in the back of the bio cube that I replaced the bio balls with rubble live rock...would they do alright in there? Anyone local to bremerton want them? Free!!!!!!!!

I got it from a store called Ocean Reef Aquatics in Poulsbo, WA. I actually am quite happy with it because it is exactly a week today that we first set up the tank and right now I see feather dusters coming up on the rock...I also have counted 3 total porcelain crabs although 2 real small guys I have found dead I believe because they are not able to support the cycling of the tank. I do have a bigger one and he seems to be doing well. All and all though from what I have read on different boards and in different books the tank is doing its thing during the cycling phase. My ammonia is on the way down, nitrites have started to go up a little as the nitrates...I'm going to do another round of water tests when I get home and if ammonia is close to 0 do a 10-20% water change to try to give some of the existing live critters in the tank a break.

If anyone has any ideas other then above please let me know.

Now That's What I Call live Rock :exclaim:.Luck on your cycle.

Oh and my brother is in the military...he's alot younger than me :D

Back