CRAWFISH's 280 thru wall set-up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

crawfish

Thanks for everybodies help on my project. I have been up an running for three months now and enjoy it even more every day. I transfered to this thread from my level tank thread thinking this is a more appropriate place for it. Final Decision on the Equipment:::D :D

Tank: 280 custom Glass Tank ( set of two year old twins in house=acrylic not an option:p )

Custom built stand and cabinets to house this contraption:)

Lights: 3 250 watt 14K Pheonix bulbs
Reflector: Luminarc III's
Ballast: 3 250 watt PFO HQI on timers

Protien Skimmer: Euro Reef RS-250

Close Loop: Sequence Dart

Calcium Reactor: Precision Marine CR-622

Chiller: 1/2 HP Aqua chill (coral view)

75 gallon Custom Sump/refugium (Mirical Mud)

350 pounds LS
290 pounds LR

R.O./D.I. Aqua FX Barracuda with auto top off

Picture of my wifes face when she got the bill: Priceless:eek: :D

On your closed loop, with a tank that big If you plan on drilling or doing a combination of over the top & drilling either way I'd go bigger, the dart won't be enough, I have the 4200 series which is slightly larger in volume ok for my tank but I wouldn't go with it on larger.. CA reactor, you may look into the GEO reactors @ premium aquatics. Other that that, your looking awesome! Show us pictures! :D

Excellent , excellent work, nice work on the set-up! That is just awesome, the wood work is real nice, where did you get that carpenter?

I see you live in Lake Arthur La. and by the reflection off your tank you live right on the lake! :D Beautiful tank you have going there, nice carpentry work :)

Crawfish your tank is so beautiful and i love your house. I saw pics in your previous thread and your house looked amazing and it was still under construction at the time. Nice work!! Can't wait to see it in a year!

The contractor that built my house does all of his own cabinets. I got him together with lfs to build what I was looking for. I am very pleased with the set-up. I put a exhaust fan in the lighting cabinet to expell some of the heat to outside and it seems to work pretty good. I also had him put me an area for a fridge to keep all my fish stuff and a few beers in my office.:D I find my self sitting in the living room watching the aquarium more than the television:)

Jason, finally found your picture gallery. Nice job with the tank! Let me know if you need directions to the meet next sunday. Or u can find them posted on the lareefclub site. later--Ian

Back