Cubed...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefgeek84

I just thought I might show off...my cube...it was built by James at Envision acrylics, along with the sump.

Tank dimensions...
24x24x25h with dual (almost cost to cost) over flows...This tank has gone through many changes, It was originally sumpless and a starfire glass tank, but I wanted external overflows and a sump, so I sold the glass tank and got acrylic and added a sump, very happy with that decision...it did have 3 250 DE pendants hanging over it, but now it just has a single 400w SE over it.

I will also be tapping in an encrusting monti tank and a small frag tank, into my main display. My chiller sits outside the tank and I wanted something to cover it up, so I was going to build a creative shelf thing, to hide it some...but I got to thinking...I will build it tall enough and with two upper sections where one tank will be above the other... The tank on the bottom will be 21x21x10h and will be the frag tank, the one above will be 24x24x12h and will be an encrusting monti. tank. I wanted a frag tank and a monti tank, but I did not want to purchase separate equipment for them...my main tanks equipment are all rated for 250gal systems, so I can tap into it and they can all share a sump and I can have my two tanks and not have to purchase a whole bunch of new stuff.. So that is my next project...I will of course be taking photos of that and do a build thread on it...

Here are a couple of really bad full tank shots...This is still a very young tank, as I have learned that aquacultured frags are the best way to go...so it is sparse and looks a little silly...:)
Front...
frontoftank.jpg

Right side...
rightsideoftank.jpg

Left side...
leftsideoftank.jpg

The stand I wanted to be very different, so I went with crackle paint and some wall paper...Here is the build up of the stand...

Bare stand...
frontofstand.jpg

sideofstand.jpg

I wanted to give the stand a pedestal look and not just a box look and I wanted to hide the foam the tank sits on, so I got some molding from HD and left it above flush of the top of stand, by .5", which hides the foam in the tank perfectly...

With moulding on...
standfronttrim1.jpg

top shot to show where the moulding sticks up and the foam will sit and not be seen..
standbacktrim1.jpg

Wall paper on the doors...
doorpaper2.jpg

doorpaper1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice looking tank!!! Looks like it is equipped with great flow as well!! :D Thanks for sharing :)

thank you... Yeah 4 #4 Koralias, I will be adding a tunze nano 6055 on a controller, to get a little more random wave action and I figure that the return is about 600gph as well...

Back