Current USA Sunpaq Dual LED mod part II

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HumblePie

Pico Ninja
So I got to thinking that I should add more LEDs to my hood. I know, I can't leave well enough alone. Over the last month I have noticed quite a bit of growth on my SPS corals and thought maybe a bit more light would be even better... :) However I wanted this light to add more blue to the tank so that the corals will fluoresce a bit more. To do this I bought 2 violet LED strips from eBay. Unfortunately, Instead of two violets I got one ultraviolet and one blue.

The idea was to hook up to the existing 12V power supply in the hood that I used for the fans and other LEDs. I was going to piggyback on the wiring harness I built before and thought this would be a 10 minute job. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough juice to power the new LED strips so I had to run all new wires for them. Fortunatley, all the parts I ordered for the first part of the mod came in packs of two.

My plan is to use these LEDs as my dawn and dusk lighting. These lights will kick on for an hour before and after all the others. This gives me four stages of light during the day and the built in moonlight for the night.

Below are some of the shots of the build.

Additional shots can be found on my site.

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

clean set up but can you get better pics? maybe its my computer

Not a problem. I'll snap a few more today. I was thining that this was going to be a realy quick mod so I was kind of rushing through the connections and forgot to snap them along the way. The ones I did get were a bit of an afterthought.

Back