Cute Unidentified Creature

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ihappyru

Hi everyone! ok so i'm really new at this.... let me first say i'm really glad to have found Reef Frontiers:D next let me say...eeeek what is it... a quick discription: 26 gl Nano w/LR and many hitchhikers... a pistol shrimp, gorilla crab, tiny crab, white and black crab w/ a huge pink claw...but what has me stumped (sorry no cam to take a pic with) is a *cute unidentified creature* looks like a Cuttlefish ,kinda-sorta....it's really tiny and has a white face and a black and burgundhy body and is thin and long, lives in a hole next to the tiny crab, i've looked at baby Cuttlefish and it's not typical this lil guy is thin, long and never comes out of it's crack all the way... has moved holes tho 1 time to accomidate it's growth. i feed it fresh clam on a skewer and has a typical tongue strike of a Cuttlefish...but this lil guy is long and thin...any clue? Thanks for your replys! and HAPPY Reefing

it's not a Mantis Shrimp... and it's not come out of it's hole all the way that i've seen, but it looks as if it has no legs from what i can tell...oh and it has 5 or 6 hair-like feeler/tentacles that come from it's face

not either one of those .... and i've just discovered the strangest snails/slugs? all diff colors some solid some with patterns with sucky mouths and long feelers ...this live rock i have was removed from a coral display holding tank that had been there for years ...lol i so need to go and buy a camera

Back