Damsel?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Scooterman

I'm looking to get a small fish that will stay small in a 12g tank. I was thinking of a tiny damsel, do you think this would be compatible with a bi-color blenny? What fish would you recommend in keeping with the super tiny size?

You will have to choose the right damsel scooty as you know damsel's in general get territorial and in a tank that small, there isn't enough real estate to share up among a few fish. If you do add a damsel, I think you may be fine depending on which one once it is introduced last. If it goes in first, then it will think it is the boss LOL! A small clown may be a nice option for a damsel. If you have sand, maybe even a small wrasse. They are pretty active then there are royal grammas I always liked. :)

Hey Scott, I'll throw two more in the mix for ya: Azure Demoiselle (Chrysiptera hemicyanea 2.4", Goldtail Demoiselle (Chrysiptera parasema) 2.8" both incredible Blue & Yellow and peaceful. I have the Azure Demoiselle and is a model citizen in my mixed reef. Let us know what you decide on Scooty.

Cheers/Mahalo, Todd

Humm good Ideas, thanks for the input. I will certainly post pictures when I finally get one for the tank. I've been repainting the house so I may wait until I put the tank in it's final resting place. Then again, who can wait in this sport right?

Last edited:
Surprised no one suggested a tang:p. Yes, post those pics when you get the new addition. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than grumpy damsels

You'd love catalina gobies. Scarlet red w/brilliant blue zebra stripes. How about CB Manderine dragonets-pellet eating. Ooh small pipe fish and sea horses?

Last edited:
Catalina would be awesome except they have shorter lives in tropical temperatures versus temperate setup.

Do you have the link to that tank Krish? I've seen it before but I'd love to go read about it again.

There are tons of Gobies that would work great in your tank. A damsel would work great too they are very active throughout the tank. I had a yellowtail in a 5.5 gallon for awhile he was very fun to watch, once he got a little bigger he went in my 20 gallon.

I honestly can't remember where I saw that tank. It's been a while!! Sorry :oops:

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a cool setup, I just don't have the time to maintain more than what I have LOL, I have to keep it simple. When we finish redoing the house then I may want to do more. :)

I do like Gobies Michael, I just need to do my homework lol! I guess why I asked the question is to get input that would give me ideas, which I appreciate very much! :)

Back