Deltec MCE600

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mike HArrington

Who Me?
I started off the tank with a Remora Pro (mag 3) and the Overflow box. I had read a bunch of great reviews on another board and believed I was making a sound purchase. What I learned after setting this up is to do more research on the method used to produce the air bubles that will provide the surface area to skim the proteins in the first place.

I was a proud Euro-Reef Owner for many years before a life changing event (divorce) forced me to break down my 180 and sell my CS8-1. I have never had any complaints with this company or there products.

Now I have a 22-22-24 cube (50 gallons) on a custom stand with canopy and needed a hang on for it, hence the Remora.

Unfortunately when I ordered it I was also thinking about the Deltec but could not get one shipped from Germany or the U.K.
so I settled for the Remora.

After I hooked it up I knew why I loved Euro-Reefs so much (thick micro bubbles) and was not happy at all! Also the odd way that the box hooked to the pump in the tank caused many problems like dislodging the pump from the intake hose!

I contacted Doug from Deltec and he helped me find a LFS here in MI that sells the Skimmer! I got it two days latter. I know some would say 500.00 is nutz for a hang on but I would say on teh contrary!! 279.00 is nutz for a skimmer that does nothing!

I have had nothing but happy happy skimming with this little treasure!! :)

My water went from foggy to clear in about a day and it pulled out a cup of skimmate on day one! dark sludge!!
Its a great liitle skimmer!

I've heard nothing but good about the Deltec, I'm thinking this may be one I consider for my next skimmer also.

it is a nice skimmer. If I were going to do an insump skimmer (will after we move) again I would look at Deltecs and Bubble Kings

Back