Deltec Turbo 1060 or 1250 Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

meitzler

fraggy
Does anyone have experience with either of these Deltec skimmers. They are so much smaller than the Euroreef or ASM. I am consider selling my new ASM G4 because it is too large for the space in my sump. Before I do something stupid, I want to hear from someone who has experience with either the 1060 or 1250. Also, does anyone in the NW sell them.

Here's a bump for you....I don't have experience with Deltec Skimmers.

Here's a list of their Dealers. You could also put up a post to Doug in the Deltec sponsor forum here, where you might be able to get one.

Meitzler I run the Deltec 1060 in sump skimmer and have had euro reefs. The Deltec is in my opion by far the best. I cannot believe how much it skims, but you pay for it, but well worth it if you have the money.

Is the Deltec 1060 more quiet than the equivalent euroreefs or ASM G4. I have a G4 and it seems a little noisy. Also, I noticed that the 1060s requires less power than the 1060 which doesn't seem logical. fishermann, how long have you had yours and did you buy from a local dealer or the US distributor.

i don't think you are going to find a local dealer in Washington state. i had to go through the US Distributor to get my APF600.

Back