DI cartridges

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Any one have a good contact for DI replacement cartridges??? I go through these like crasy.

Mike

yea I saw them Charlie, I got a place to get them for 19.99 I was wondering if thier was a better deal then that out thier

Mike

Bulk is the way to go. I got some from a friend for less than $5 a refill. I can find out where he got it if no one else has a source.

I got me one of those handy dandy refillable di cannisters and I love it. Added benie, I turned it so the water has to upflow against the di grains and as they wear out the float on top of the ones that are still good. I can just open it and spoon out the bad and pour in the new. Hee Hee. Aquasafesystems from canada. It rocks. Steve

Ok I am liking this refillable more and more. Steve I checked out you link, they are selling Purolite (a type of mixed Di resin) good stuff!. They are selling it for 8 bucks a pound. I found another manufactuer that is selling it for 3 bucks a pound!!!!!!!!!! They both have the same amount of cations and anions and produce the same Resistivity.
I through a email to the supplier for more info

Mike

I found a place that sells the DI resins for 3 bucks a pound, Chemically (by the specs ) it lines up with the the stuff Steve linked. I emailed asking if it could be used or if it is the same as what we normally use right now. I will let you all know the out come of the email.

Mike

I am all in if we can get at 3 bucks a pound. Hell I am tickled at 8. As far as I know it cant be regenerated but what do I know anyway? LOL Mike if you get a way to get let me know. I will be happy to assist if there is minimum. Then again shipping it to Ky may be a problem. Just have to see. I still have 4 big ziplocks full of di resin. What do you all think of the upflow thing? It seems to work well for me. I found that when it layed on its side, the resin that was exhausted would float up and shrink some so the water would channel around it and it would go to waste. Steve

Ok here is the story, the resin is not the same, it is lab grade apperantly, so the same mix of resins just purer??
>the price for the non color changing with out shipping is 2.58 per pound which works out to be 3.68 per refill.
>The price for the color changing resin with out shipping is 3.56 per pound which works out to be $ 5.08 per

I am leaning towards the non color chaging as I have a tds meter, but I am open to the other to. I dont mind buy a bunch and then sending some out to those that want, so let me know.

Mike

Nope but I like the idea of getting a refillable chamber & media, I looked all over, only a few out there unless it is just me lol.

Back