Digital 24h timer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tallguy64

Hey all im looking for a elctroninc "kit" that is a 24hr timer with the ability to turn on then back off. What i am looking at doing is makeing an elctronic control box for my lights pumps and what not...just trying to make it all into one nice neat box... i hate lose cords. and since i have two pc lighting units with 4 plugs i would like to take advantage of this and make a more natural light cycle... from leds and night to one bulb at a time turning on. just a thought if i could find little timmers i could do them all seperatly, really dont want to have 5 seperate timmer boxes =( Any one know of a good kit or where to find one... im only finding stuff like an alarm clock turns on till you turn it off.... if i cant find anything i might just go to the extent of useing a old junker laptop i have to control everything xP but didnt want to go that far quite yet.

I use a $10 digital timer from Walmart. Can handle large wattages and has 2 outlets, it also has a battery back-up so if power goes out nothing gets off schedule.

Hey all im looking for a elctroninc "kit" that is a 24hr timer with the ability to turn on then back off. What i am looking at doing is makeing an elctronic control box for my lights pumps and what not...just trying to make it all into one nice neat box... i hate lose cords. and since i have two pc lighting units with 4 plugs i would like to take advantage of this and make a more natural light cycle... from leds and night to one bulb at a time turning on. just a thought if i could find little timmers i could do them all seperatly, really dont want to have 5 seperate timmer boxes =( Any one know of a good kit or where to find one... im only finding stuff like an alarm clock turns on till you turn it off.... if i cant find anything i might just go to the extent of useing a old junker laptop i have to control everything xP but didnt want to go that far quite yet.

Don't know if you are still lookingm, but these timers are great.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=170427-251-HB800RCL&lpage=none

see my thread.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41932

I sort of cheated, I got the regular dial timer, and just put a 3way on it. It controls my halides and the fans to cool them.

Bainic- Make certain the power capability of the timer will sustain the lights..... and be CAREFUL! They aren't designed to be used that way! Depending upon the surge amperage when they all turn on at once, you could be getting dangerously close to the capacity of the timer. D

lol thnx guys ye i played around with a computer controled system it worked great but the was just to many little hicups so i went to jsut a couple simple timers.

Back