Digital camera - any suggestions??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

muss60

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera, specifically to be able to take pictures of my tank. Without blowing the budget totally - does anyone have a recommendation for a good brand and what specs should I look for specifically?

WOW - thanks for the information and those pics sure are amazing.
Appreciate the help.

no doubt! i just checked them out on the internet; and the next best choice would be..........?

Sony Cybershot DSC-H5 7.2MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilization Zoom

should give you nice close up in macro mode. for under 450$

no doubt! i just checked them out on the internet; and the next best choice would be..........?

Depends on if you want an SLR or if you want a point and shoot. Also, depends on if you want a certain brand or if you are open to anything. I am partial to Nikons but I also like Canons and Olympus. The Nikon D50, D70 and D80 are great cameras. I also looked at the Canon XT and XTi and also great cameras.

If you just want something to take a picture of your tank every so often then I'd probably buy an inexpensive point and shoot and you can get one of those for 200 - 400.00.

I have always heard good things about the Canon S2 or S3. Those are know to have a great macro capability.

I have the Canon G3 and love it! I think they're up to the G6 though. You might be able to find one of the eariler G series for cheaper.

Back