dinoflagellates, Mr Calfo please help!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

briang

I know you must be right that the pods were eating dead matter. I did post about a small case, If there is such a thing, of dinoflagellates. My zoos did have brown what I thought was algea with gas bubbles on thier base,but after checking pics, it looks like dinos. Also I posted a pic of a small spot on my monti cap. I brushed it off and it was dead under it. Same thing on another monti. Very small areas. But now my zoos are GONE and I don't want to loose anything else. I'm dosing vit. C as suggested in another post. Did and gonna do again water change. What else can I do????

You posted on my other post about pods eating zoos. I'm really trying to keep up water quality,doing 20% change weekly till problem solved. You said to raise (REDOX) .I'm not too familiar with this term. I think it means to raise O2 levels but HOW? Any thing else I can do to fight dinos. before they get way out of hand. Right now, you would really have to look extra hard to see a problem. I don't want it to get worse. Thankyou for your time and help. Brian

Back