DIY Chiller?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tallguy64

Hey all before I post this I obviously want to make it myself, but my question is has anyone ever seen any plans for a close (completely sealed) mist cooler?

In a few months I am going to be moving to Pullman to finish up college at WSU. And I know it get hot over there during the summer, visited many times. So I am tiring to come up with a decent cooler that won’t cost and arm and a leg. I have some plans that I have come up with but I just wanted to see if maybe anyone else has seen any thing of the sort? Btw Google 5 pages in did me no good =)

Ill draft up some sketches and post them up here later to night (if I can get my scanner to work) and at least see if maybe any one has some feed back.

Pro and con thoughts:

Pros: Cheap, doesn’t have to worry about evaporation, and did I mention cheap.

Con: probably won’t be as powerful and a real chiller.

I saw someone connect a pump to 75 ft(if I remember correctly) of rubber tubing and stuff it into a fridge or freezer. I think it might have been on RF.

Ye i have seen that type... just wondering if anyone has built one based on a AC design. The comprission and rapid expansion of a liquid createing a cooling effect. want to apply that to a sealed system that could be used the cool my tank

Back