Diy venturi valve

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What is your plan for using it?? As in a skimmer or something else?? and then what are you working with plumbing wise right now?

Mojo

I'm trying to hook it up to a berlin skimmer. If I just hook a straight pipe up to it it works. As son as I put the skimmer to it pushes water out of the air line like there is to much back pressure in side the skimmer.

I know I need to ditch the berlin but right now that isn't an option. With the way it is now it foams but doesn't ever climb the tube to the collection cup.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Would it be cheaper to perhaps drop in a ceramic air stone with an air pump?? If not the stone you can always use an air pump to blow into the venturi. If you like the idea you can always look to the super luft air pump, it will give you all the air you want.

Mike

Ive got an air pump and i hooked it up it it was a stale mate between the air coming in to one end and the water coming into the other. How well will the airstone work?

You would just drop the air line down through the hole on top of the lid and then drop the stone to the bubble plate. On the venturi is it coming into the pipe at a 90 or a 45??

Mojo

where the airtube comes in is a 90 if that is what you mean. I dropped a airstone down didnt seam to do anything either.

That venturi in that build will not work for a skimmer. If you have some scrap acrylic tubes and a heat gun you could heat it up to form a venturi of sorts. Should be easy to do.

And you think this will work with the amount of head pressure I erl have? I will put this on the out let side correct? Do you know if home depot sales thus tube? Thank you

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

this type of venturi would generate a lot of air draw and could potentially cause cavitation if you connect it to the inlet of the pump.

Back