Do you think I have to many fish??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
I have a 100 gal mixed reef with a 55gal refugium/sump and have alot of fish. I may have to many. Let me know what you think.

I have :

6 green chromis

3 bangaii cardinals

1- black cap basslet

1- six line wrasse

1- lawn mower blennie

1- orange diamond gobie

1- sailfin tang

1- foxface

2- yellow tail damsels

1- lrg. blue velevet damsel

2- clowns

So is this too much?????

Maybe. Are they being aggressive twords each other and is your filtering able to keep up with them? Most of your fish arent "big" fish. As long as theyre happy and healthy, youre good.

I don't think you have too many fish, just as Pandora32 stated your filtration system needs to be sufficient for your bio load. The only concern is over feeding causing amonia spikes. This is just my opinion. Btw Sailfin tang is my favorite fish!!

Yes, too many fish for 100 gallons. The sailfin by itself is pushing it for a tank that size only because they need more room than that. Great reason to buy a bigger tank. :)

prolly...but do the math....for every one inch of fish you should allocate 3-5 gallons of tank water....so instead of how many fish you have, I would also need to know how many inches each fish is...

but at face value, yes, a bigger tank is warranted.. :)

seriously though all the fish you have as long as they sailfin and the foxface are small your probably good. When the sailfin and foxface get med sized they should be in a larger tank. As long as your skimmer and filtration can keep up and water quality is kept good, the number of fish is okay. You just want the fish to be in an appropriate size tank.

I would have to say yes too.
it would be better if you would give me the black cap basslet!

The basslet went through a tuff time when I first got it. It was bullied by another fish and then had a cloudy eye, then it's tail got chewed up. Now it's fat and very healthy looking.

I have a 100 gal mixed reef with a 55gal refugium/sump and have alot of fish. I may have to many. Let me know what you think.

I have :

6 green chromis

3 bangaii cardinals

1- black cap basslet

1- six line wrasse

1- lawn mower blennie

1- orange diamond gobie

1- sailfin tang

1- foxface

2- yellow tail damsels

1- lrg. blue velevet damsel

2- clowns

So is this too much?????

You always have to many!!! your a fish-a-holic and we all know it.

Well the masses have spoken!!
Will there be an add in the classified in the near future....... or Will there be a new upgrade build to follow??

IMO boarder line.

Chromis is a mean little fish. Tore down my 6in angel's fin....by nipping him and chasing the angel every corner, I wonder if these chromis and black and white domino damsels together = NIGHTMARE

Back