Dolphin Amp Master 4700 maintainence/repair?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dave 777

Stingray guy
Bought a pump off ebay. Listing said new in box, but definitely used. Not sure if I'm going to get a refund but if I'm stuck with it, has anyone fixed or worked on the amp master pumps that could help me out. this pump seems to be not running at full speed. little rust on the shaft next to the seal. Any help on possible fixes. Thanks in advance.

Hey Dave777, I've had to the same problem with my Ampmaster 4000, I had to buy the seal replacement kit from customaquatic.com after only 6 months of operation. I went with the heavy duty marine seal this time, and so far it's been working fine without any hint of rust. Customaquatic has the largest selection of parts that I've found, and the instructions come with everything you need to do it yourself. I took me maybe 15 minutes to do. The seals aren't cheep though if I remember correctly about $80.

It is working better now. Took the housing off and cleaned the sand out of it and cleaned the shaft off. Still hacked that it wasn't new as they claimed, but at least its working better now. Can't complain to get a ampmaster 4700 for 150.00.

Back