Drop off tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Awesome! But I bet that deep side is "fun" to maintain. My tank is only 30" deep and provides some challenges when things are to heavy to move with long tools.

Awesome tank! I agree with the maintenance challenges though. I my column sometimes requires me to go shoulder deep in order to place my corals just right.

This is an awesome tank. At one time I was considering building one like this on a smaller scale. The problem was with the drop off point. It seems that the acrylic at that point would crack. That is what my research told me. I scraped the idea.
Maybe I should think glass......

That is one impressive tank design. Interesting how they used two aquariums and "fused" them together. Very cool!!! I'll have to keep this design in mind for my high flow/low flow tank that is but only a sketch for now. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

Why couldn't I come up with that idea!!! :mad:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That is one impressive tank design. Interesting how they used two aquariums and "fused" them together. Very cool!!! I'll have to keep this design in mind for my high flow/low flow tank that is but only a sketch for now. :lol:

Cheers,
Alex

Is that slated to be finished up by...say....2020????? LOL

very cool. Would be cooler if it had a volcano/mountain thing rising from it :lol:. thanks for sharing!

Back