dual overflows?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fatboyt123

my 155 gallon tank has dual internal overflows that are going into the first part of my sump. My sump has one section for the drainlines ans skimmer another for the refugium then flows into the return section but the water level in the return section will be low one min then i ajust the flow coming out of the drains with ball valves i put on them and then when i come back down stairs it will almost be overflowiing the sump so ii have to keep ajusting the valves im not truning them even a 1/4" is there something that i did wrong when setting them up or is the some kind of special trick to set these thing

PLEASE HELP ME im getting a work out have to run up and down the stairs to check on these things!!!:(

With overflows on a drilled tank, you shouldn't have to put any ball valves on the drains. That is the nice thing about them...as much as you pump in comes out. Open your ball valves all the way, and if the water is low on the pump side that means that it is time to "top off".

-augustus

With overflows on a drilled tank, you shouldn't have to put any ball valves on the drains. That is the nice thing about them...as much as you pump in comes out. Open your ball valves all the way, and if the water is low on the pump side that means that it is time to "top off".

-augustus

i had them all the way open but then my drains dont go down far enough in the overflows to they start sucking in air and then my return pump starts throwing all those air bubbles in way disply tank

ill take a picture of them because i was thing of taking those straner type things off that would mean that i could open up the valves all the way with out it sucking in air

-augustus

this is what i was talkin about see the little hook sorta thig that curves down should i just take that off:?:

this is what i was talkin about see the little hook sorta thig that curves down should i just take that off

I wouldn't, because normally it will make it really loud. So to clarify, you have bubbles going all the way through the refugium making it into the pump?

-augustus

I wouldn't, because normally it will make it really loud. So to clarify, you have bubbles going all the way through the refugium making it into the pump?

-augustus

took them off to test it and yes it was a little loud so put them back on the turn the balls valves all the way on and now the drain are making to wuch noise just from the lines sucking in air all the bubbles are going to the top of the sump and making a town i noise

on the good side of things my skimmer just came so excited to get this thing up and running:D

Back