Dumb A-- Bangai Cardinal Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Bainic

It only cost $20 honey!!
I brought home a peppermint shrimp today (still fighting my aiptasia). He was a young one, probably only about 3/4" long. After I released him into my tank and as he was floating down, my Bangai (actually the fish my wife wanted!) swam up to it and gobbled it down!!!!!! Damn Fish!

LOL.... sorry to laugh. Thats the last fish would would think of worrying about eating a new addition. Goes to show how ignorant I am. I do know the felling however. My oscars used to gobble up any new additions to the tank. No matter how much I paid for it.

This happened to me once, too. I did not witness the live "chomp", but I did notice that my cardinal had some shrimp antenna sticking out of his mouth. He absolutely would not open that big mouth.

Gary

Anyone with agressive eating tangs or angels knows how this goes :). My tangs seem to test what things are with there mouths before there eyes... Next time I would suggest having a net around it until it makes it to the rocks, or put it in at night. Normally fish like that won't bother them once they are already in, it is just when they are floating around like food :lol:.

Good luck,

-augustus

Back