Duncan ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

josh88

Ok so my Duncan coral fell off its puck It was on. And I glued it back on. But since I've done it the 3 heads have been closed, and at points some tentacles have been out, I notice that some of the glue is on their stalk. Could this be the reason for them closing, and looking sick, and if so what can I do. Also I need to know what else I can feed them other then mysis. Cause I need to feed them now.

HTC EVO

Feed them pretty much any small meaty food. Mysis is good, reef plankton, nutramar ova, cyclopeze, mine like finely chopped jumbo shrimp.

Did the duncan fall on top of anything when it came off? Something that may have stung it? Many times, after handling, they will stay closed up for a while. Giving it a little time may help.

I agree. I dont think the glue on the stalk is it. I got a lil messy with the glue on mine. Was my first time fragging lps. Its big and happy now!

As long as theres no glue on the flesh it is fine. Whenever I just move mine or clean the glass near it, it closes up for a good while for nothing have happened to it

I have scallops that I feed my bubble tip. Could I molch that up and feed it to them. I have some Kent products but I really don't think the respond to it.

HTC EVO

id be more to blame the fall... coral skeleton when crushed or broke really effect the coral imoe... ive had corals fall and hit the glass bottom...or ive hit em with tweezers.

That's a good point to I was trying to target feed them, and I touched them with that to.

HTC EVO

A touch won't hurt them at all, they are actually pretty hardy critters. If you give them a good wack on the other hand :brick:I'm pretty sure 1guysdude was talking about damaging the skeleton which can be very harmful to a LPS. As long as the glue didn't get on the flesh you should be fine. I have had LPS close up for a week then open looking for dinner. I feed mine what ever I feed everthing else. They seem to like all meaty foods. I have used brine, mysis, scallops, shrimp and silversides. All were readily excepted. I even feed my hammer head asterina stars LOL

32891112-ad51-6e5f.jpg

Ok they opened up last night, and today I noticed these bumps on the side of two of the heads. But It's like right under the heads, maybe they are growing

HTC EVO

32891112-b20e-4f69.jpg

I dont know if you can really see it but It's on the top head just under its soft tissue, i think its sprouting from the skeleton.

HTC EVO

Back