Duuuuuhhhhh

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Well another Duhhh moment at the lake tapps research center. I have a contraption I use when syphoning out the bottom of my tank once a month. Basically it attaches to my return pump, then a inline jacuzzi filter , then a 1 inch flex pipe. At the end of the pipe I shoved a one foot long piece of 1/2 rigid pipe. Anyway it sucks pretty hard.
SO I am sucking up the few spots around the tank and next thing I know I have a puppy chewing on my toe, I lift my leg and the suction pipe lands right on a 10 inch rose bubble anenome...Ahhhhhh!!!! Sh**.....I pulled the pipe back real quick but cant see the rose anymore and the tank is filled with little red tentacles, not a good sign. Now I have a mated pair of maroon clowns, and mama is pretty big...well she looses it and goes after me, five strikes before I get my hand out of the water,Darn thing drew blood on each strike!! Ho Hum just another day, lol

A couple of days later now and the rose is out minus about 10 tentacles

Mike

well it's good to see even experienced reefers have moments like that! :) i tend to have quite a few of those. either gallons of water end up on the floor or else a rock comes crashing down or something 'freaky' happens.

ROFL! Remodel a woman's house without asking??? LOL - I bet Mama clown is getting a little more respect from you now :) . Add my 6 hour flood into the duct work incident and we round out a great week - lololol.

LOL no kiddin Nikki

Matt I never let experence get in the way of being a kluts!!

Mike

mike

Or is it that you are good at it? heh heh :lol:
I fill the jug for WC and figure I have some time before it get's full -(too slow so I go and do something else and come back) and before you know it, it's running our the garage and the carpet the wife put out there is just soaking with about 1" of standing water. But this is not my first time either duuuhhhh Glad that the rose "pulled" throught

ROFLMAO!

Add this one to the list of why I only have a 75 gallon tank. A standard vacuum is fine for my purposes and less chance of catastrophe.

Thanks for the image Mike. Great way to start the day.

Told like a true pet lover. No cursing of the cute and friendly puppy that wanted a little attention. Glad all worked out well.

aaron

I did the same thing. My siphon was in the tank, siphoning out water and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to crane my head around the tank and try to watch 'Charmed'. We I look over and bunch of my bubble coral is sucked up into the siphon and deflated. It freaked me out so bad that for a couple of seconds I could not decide how to stop the suction. I'm glad it wasn't as strong of a suction as yours was.

My bubble coral, which expands to be like 9 or 10" across, looked crappy for a couple of days but is now back to normal.

Back