dwarf Zebra lionfish compatibility??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

giermo

I just saw this wicked dwarf lionfish at my lps, I was wondering its compatability in my tanke, my only worries is that it might sting accidentaly and kill my other fish. My current stock of my tank is:
1 tamato clownfish
1 coral Beauty
1 diamond goby
1 refere damsel
feather duster
star polyps
some wierd looking mushrooms.

ps my tank is a 20 gal, with a fuval 65gal canister filter, and a small over the top filter.

It was either the lionfish, or a Atlantic surgeon/blue tang fish i believe. (DORY from finding Nemo lol)

any suggestions about compatability issues would be greately appreciated.

Also do the fish only grow as large as the tanks allow them, or will they grow till death do them part?

THANKS ALOT ALL WHO REPLY

Last edited:
Dwarf Lionfish

I have a Dwarf in my reef tank and he does great no problems or regrets. He only eats live food for me. I feed him freshwater ghost shrimp around 3-5 once a week. I do have a 155gal tank with Tangs, clowns, goby, damsels, hawkfish, 2 cleaner shrimp, some sps,zoos, polyps.....He is a lot of fun to watch..

I just saw this wicked dwarf lionfish at my lps, I was wondering its compatability in my tanke, my only worries is that it might sting accidentaly and kill my other fish. My current stock of my tank is:
1 tamato clownfish
1 coral Beauty
1 diamond goby
1 refere damsel
feather duster
star polyps

20 gallons is unfortunately too small for either a dwarf lion or a tang...

As for compatibility...lions are not particularly agressive fish, but they do have a habit of eating any tankmate that will fit into its mouth...

MikeS

Missed the 20gal part

20 gallons is unfortunately too small for either a dwarf lion or a tang...

As for compatibility...lions are not particularly agressive fish, but they do have a habit of eating any tankmate that will fit into its mouth...

MikeS

Yes 20gal is to small sorry about that I missed that part

Back