E-Marco 400 cement

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ichthys

Greetings RFers. Was wondering who has used this or similar aquascaping cements and what their experience has been? There is a good blurb at glassbox design about Thorite Cements and have also read some other things across the web on aquascaping using various mediums. My only experience was with a 2 part product (Aquastick) that you rolled into a ball sort of like playdough, the advantage was that you could use it underwater, the disadvantage was that it turned into a pink soupy mess that drove my skimmer insane.
I am probably going to do some cementing when i scape my new 150, I like those gravity defying arches and overcrops. I know people have also used acrylic rods and dowels but anytime i have tried this, I found that drilling live rock causes it to shatter or crumble. I can never get a good clean hole in live rock with a drill.
The E-Marco 400 2 part cement looks promising, it seems easy to use and reef safe, the only draw back is it can't be submerged till set so if you are using it on live rock you have to mist your rock or cover it in wet towels till the cement sets.
So, what have you used and what did you like or dislike?

Easy to work with and there are several youtube video's showing this process along with different products and amounts mixed. Also try drilling with the rock wet using a cement bit should work better for you!

mojo turned me onto ziptyeing the rockwork together works great and only have to drill tiny holes if needed. coraline covers the tyes faster than the rock aswell just an option.

mojo turned me onto ziptyeing the rockwork together works great and only have to drill tiny holes if needed. coraline covers the tyes faster than the rock aswell just an option.

Thats what I did as well, used most of the holes already in the rock but I also made a pvc stand and ziptied my rock to that which made it alot easier. Then area's that my rock didn't hide the pvc I attach corals to it to hide it. now you really have to look to see the stand

Back