ebay plankton food

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ac7av

Bring on the FISH!
Someone had posted a couple of weeks ago about the reef science plankton food on eBay. I can’t seem to find it but just wanted to let you know how my order came in. I just received it today and the bag was packaged well in a box. I was a little suppressed of the very thin bag that is tied on the top. Seemed a little week but what do I know. It still came in and was not leaking. I don’t have a microscope but it was very clear that there are lots of life in the bag and lots of movement. Way better then the stuff I got from salterwaterfish. I’m not really feeding any corals but just trying to improve the quality of the population of copepods in my tank for the fishes that would use them as a food source. For the price I would say well worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copepods-Rotife...=200504099862&ps=63&clkid=6587741432049879551

Someone had posted a couple of weeks ago about the reef science plankton food on eBay. I can’t seem to find it but just wanted to let you know how my order came in. I just received it today and the bag was packaged well in a box. I was a little suppressed of the very thin bag that is tied on the top. Seemed a little week but what do I know. It still came in and was not leaking. I don’t have a microscope but it was very clear that there are lots of life in the bag and lots of movement. Way better then the stuff I got from salterwaterfish. I’m not really feeding any corals but just trying to improve the quality of the population of copepods in my tank for the fishes that would use them as a food source. For the price I would say well worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Copepods-Rotife...=200504099862&ps=63&clkid=6587741432049879551

I'll have to check these out... thanks!

-Jen

Oh they grow all by them self. When I get it together enough to start breeding some fish Ill put together something for breeding all the small stuff but this is just basically for the populations of the tank it self. I’ve read in several places, although I can’t say exactly where at the moment, that it creates a better, healthier, more nutritious, and stronger populations of the pods if you basically supply the populations with a new culture once in a while. I can imagine it has something to do with genetics but I really don’t know.

when did you order yours? we still havent gotten ours. but looks like it should be here tomorrow. im happy to hear it was worth the money and got good stuff.

Ya I have been looking them over. You know how it is though, no time, no money or did I say no time. I haven’t done much with the fish tank lately other then feeding. Summer projects always get in the way. Working on getting a Toyota Celica convertible ready for paint for the daughter. I think you have a few years for that but when you get there you’ll know what I mean. It’s going to be hot pink with rainbow flake in the clear coat. A white strip around the car from the lower front air dam, diagonally up the side of the car to the fin on the back. The fin will also be white. So kind of like a white circle around the car. Maybe going to put a new white top on it but will see how much I want to put into this thing. Already got a cold air intake and performance chip stacked in it and still needs a new radio in it. Sorry I forgot this is an aquarium web site for a second.

Last edited:
Well since the rotifers are much smaller then pods I suppose you could say that. By weight I don’t know, could be a toss up.

Ya I have been looking them over. You know how it is though, no time, no money or did I say no time. I haven’t done much with the fish tank lately other then feeding. Summer projects always get in the way. Working on getting a Toyota Celica convertible ready for paint for the daughter. I think you have a few years for that but when you get there you’ll know what I mean. It’s going to be hot pink with rainbow flake in the clear coat. A white strip around the car from the lower front air dam, diagonally up the side of the car to the fin on the back. The fin will also be white. So kind of like a white circle around the car. Maybe going to put a new white top on it but will see how much I want to put into this thing. Already got a cold air intake and performance chip stacked in it and still needs a new radio in it. Sorry I forgot this is an aquarium web site for a second.

Holy mother of pearl!! :eek: I hope your daughter can drive the speed limit like no ther, she will be a shining beacon for cops! Lol. When I was 16, my mom got me an older benz, so it kinda looked like a "kid car", but I got pulled over 5 times in the first year. 1 ticket. Then for Xmas when I was 17, she got me a 99 civic, silver, with rims, clear lights, exhaust, body lip kit, what have you; 3 tickets in 5 months. Ugh. Pulled over 6 times. Ridiculous. I traded that car in got a Pathfinder. Knock on wood, haven't been pulled over since. 8 years now. :cool:
So heads up to that girl. Be careful. And when they pulled me over they didn't even really look. I had (accidentally) expired tabs one time, they didn't even notice.

She’s 20, well on September 2 she will be, hopefully she has it out of her system. She’s been driving since she was 16. she has been out of work for over a year now and her vehicle is not running at this time. She just got a job and seems to really like it and she is doing good. She works with my wife so for a while my daughter will probably be chauffeured around in the car to and from work for a while. As long as she keeps with the job we are going to give it to her when she can afford to buy the insurance for it. She doesn’t know about it yet. She just thinks is just another one of those cars Dude brings home to fix up and sell. You know, the summer time project car. Last year it was an all wheel drive civic. Cool car, I decided to keep for playing in the snow. The car was bought as a fixer so I don’t feel bad doing a bunch of stupid stuff to it as all. I did kind of stop short of buying the turbo kit that’s available for it. Besides it was ether that or put a new motor in her old 1983 ford pickup truck. Can I say boring!! Anyway, I figured after the intake and chip, the engine was already getting some where around 180hp and at 2600lb curb weight, that’s not to shabby. The car has been on blocks for the last 3 weeks. I had to rebuild the front bumper cover with plastic weld and replace both the front wheel bearings. The passenger side one was so bad the break rotor was eating into the break caliper frame work. How someone can drive a car with bad wheel bearings to the point that the wheels are wobbling around is just beyond me. Talk about your accident waiting to happen. Anyway the body and interior, other then the bumper that is now repaired and ready to paint, is great. I’ve been spending some time getting the clear coat off and ready for paint. My wife has been helping with that. With any luck it will be driving by the end of the week and ready for paint in a couple of weeks. Here is a picture of a car that is the same exact model and color as the one I have. This is what it use to look like.

214915.jpg

Thank you for the link from Ebay. I just placed an order for one and if it works and the reef enjoys it, I will order more.

Thanks again for sharing!

ReefJeff

wow, sounds like you really know your way around a car! She's lucky she's got awesome parents! My parents own a collision repair shop that I worked at for 8 years til I had my first son, and the shape of some peoples cars will amaze you. Stuff that has obviously been going on for a long time, and they don't even notice.... Crazy.

Thank you for the link from Ebay. I just placed an order for one and if it works and the reef enjoys it, I will order more.

Thanks again for sharing!

ReefJeff

Glad to help. It looks like good stuff but like I said I’m more of a fish guy then coral. Ether way I’m sure everyone enjoys those tasty little morsels.

wow, sounds like you really know your way around a car! She's lucky she's got awesome parents! My parents own a collision repair shop that I worked at for 8 years til I had my first son, and the shape of some peoples cars will amaze you. Stuff that has obviously been going on for a long time, and they don't even notice.... Crazy.

Growing up in order for us kids to be able to drive we had to make the car work first. My fist car was a 1981 Plymouth reliant K. It came home on the back of a flat bed tow truck and the motor and trany was not in it. How disappointing is that for a first car. Ill tell you what, that was the best damn car when I turned the key and it started after fixing and installing the motor and trany into it.

Back