Elegance eating a Sea Hare???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

Anyone ever seen an elegance eat something as large as a Sea Hare? We were just eating dinner staring into the tank (an advantage of have a tank in the dining room) and I noticed our big elegance had ahold of something. On closer inspection it turns out it was the Sea Hare we just put in the tank a few days ago to clean up the hair algae. The SH could not get free. I had to get the tongs and pull him out of the grasp of the tentacles. I hope I didn't hurt either and that the SH survives the attack. Anyone ever seen anything like this? This SH is about 4" in length so not small by our account.

Holy crap i missed all the action !! So the sh is still alive and cruising
around now?

I pulled him out of danger (with no thank you BTW) and set him down pointing the other way and he slid about 6 inches away and thats were he sits now with a big ol' strand of poop coming out of him. I hope he's ok. We will have to wait and see.

Sea hares feel kind of hard/leathery on the outside. I wonder if he even felt the stings?? Maybe on his feet :)

My bubble anenome ate my sea hare. the SH just crawled right into the tentacles.....gone! SH aint cheap.

Yeah I know. I hope it makes it. I don't know if it still alive. I guess we will just wait and see if it moves again.

Back