Enough size to grow coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

supamarine

Hi i have 13.5 inch wide tank is it enough to grow coral..and also wat is the best fish to buy when starting to put fish in? my tank is 4foot ....how many fishes would it fit....im new to this.. thanx

Well your tank is plenty big enough to grow pretty much any coral you would like. I did it myself for a little over a year. It would be good to start w/ a clown fish, they are hardy and attractive :D Here is a pic of my old tank that was 13" wide.
269P1180002_Medium_.JPG

wow impressive mines onli got live rock at the moment...ur tank looks realli good hope my tank will become like that in a year so.. thanx for the repli...

People tend to put fish that are good for a reef ( that won't eat the coral) and serve a purpose such as eating algae or flatworms like a lawnmower blenny or a 6 line wrass also don't get many hermit crabs there arent many in the ocean in a space that size but do get some snails perhaps 2 or 3 Turbo's and say 30 + Nassarius they can turn themselves over bury themselves in the sand and last a long time where as Astreas die soon because they can't turn themselves over and die or/and get eaten by hermit crabs.If you want to know what fish get along and wich don't here is a link just for that
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm
Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back