Etss 800

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mercenary-grunt

I got my skimmer hooked up. Last night it was skimming great. But this morning the water line was down in the black box not on the chamber where I left it. I know this skimmer will batch skim. So my question is; is that part of the batch skim? I tried to close the valve but it shot water out of the air port.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

batch skim??
wot the hell r u talking about?? :)
never heard of batch skimming.

as far as your etss800,
if you are having fluctuations in your internal water level,
its probably something stuck in your pump, plumbing, or injector.
take apart and look for obstructions.

i belive hes tolking about overreacting or turning it up to overflow the skimmate. best i could come up with. dunno why hed do it

the reviews would say that it has a tendency to skim a lot. then nothing for a while. but i found that in my collection chamber i have a ping-pong ball that protects from over flowing, and i found it blocking the airway. so i snuffed out my skim head.

Pretty sure he is just gave a name , batch skimming to normal skimmer shutdown. Those ets skimmers would skim like no tomorrow and out of the blue just shut down because the water was not dirty enough. Didnt mean it was clean, just meant to clean for that design.
Let the thing break in and make sure everything is flowing and clean. If everythng is clean and it shuts down dont mess with it. It will start up on its own. Messing with it is going to cause a flood.

Don

+1 i agree with don.

Did u take the ping pong ball out? u might wanna leave it, maybe the person that owned it previously found it useful when it did try and overflow water...
-d

Back