Euroreef cleaning

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Hey those with Euroreef skimmers. What do you use to clean inside the skimmer body. Must be some kind of brush to get down low to clean. I have used a bent tooth brush to get the skimmer neck, but the rest is a pita.
Any sugestions?
Thanks, Scott

Scott - I use my arm to get down there....but I'm guessing that isn't possible with your skimmer? ;) Try those long armed kitchen sponge/scrubber thingy. I'm not sure if it will be able to reach all of the inside, but might help a little. There has to be something with a flexible enough handle to work well. hmmm.....

Buy a cheap gallon of vinegar & fill it up, let set about two hours, & rinse, you can maybe use a little dawn sudsy water to rinse but then rinse, rinse & rinse again.

I have been told on RC several times just to unplug them and run them in bath tub with hot water for a couple hours, dry em off and put em back in your Sump. Just do not tell my wife....

i use a bottle brush to clean the inside. if it's really built up i put the whole skimmer in a large tub or bucket and pour half vinegar and half warm water and let it run for a few hours. cleans it like it's brand new.....i need to do that soon, by the way.

Thanks All,
You think euroreef would offer some high zoot cleaning brush with their skimmers...........for an additional 89.95 of course.:rolleyes:
Scott

szidls said:
Thanks All,
You think euroreef would offer some high zoot cleaning brush with their skimmers...........for an additional 89.95 of course.:rolleyes:
Scott

that's funny you say that because they do.

it's 9.00 and here it is....

it does look like a toilet brush but i think it's just a hard tipped bottle brush. you can pick those up at target, wal-mart/etc. for just a few dollars.

Hmmm.... I dont clean mine ... just the thing that comes off.... I have so many feather dusters inside my skimmer that i dont want to remove :)

I've usually only cleaned the neck off, and I use a wet paper towel. Do you find that cleaning the entire innards really makes that much of a difference?

IMO, keeping it cleaned up will help with efficiency. The bubbles will have a smoother surface to travel on without breaking.

Gotcha... I've had the same problem of being able to really get in there and clean... perhaps one of those scrub brushes is the way to go :)

That brush that Matt has pictured above is the same brush I use to clean my "Euro Reef" style skimmer...it is a XOXO brand kitchen dish cleaning brush that you can buy at Fred Meyer, Linens & Things...most any store.

It works great too!

-Eliyah

Back