Eye candy of the day!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dgasmd

Fragologist Magnus
I was just bored here waiting for hurricane Wilma to rip us a new hole, so I figured I would take a couple of shots. Wilma is going so slow you could probably out run it by foot!! Resizing, adjusting, uploading, and later posting is an energy consuming task, so I am only posting a couple of them.

Do you think I ate a little too much??
16.jpg

18.jpg

Everytime someone walks by the tank they think it is food time:
17.jpg

No offense anyone named like him, but this little guy is my wife's favorite and she calls him George :D
19.jpg

Naw Alberto...You need to feed him a little more until he pops!(LOL) Cool looking fish. Thanks for sharing.

Detri said:
Cool pics. My wife says the last one looks like a frog in a blender. What is the name of that?

It is commonly known as an angler fish (Antennarius commersoni) from the Indo-Pacific. No uncommon at all, but they come in so many colors ranging from black to white and red or yellow in beween. I find them to be very cool fish.

(Antennarius commersoni) George!

Very nice shots Alberto! Do you keep your angler in a species tank? Don't they have quite a apatite? I also love the Anthias can you pass on what kind they are, I think they look like Bartlett's Anthias??? Thanks again for posting the shots...Jeff

dgasmd said:
It is commonly known as an angler fish (Antennarius commersoni) from the Indo-Pacific. No uncommon at all, but they come in so many colors ranging from black to white and red or yellow in beween. I find them to be very cool fish.

The Apprentice said:
Very nice shots Alberto! Do you keep your angler in a species tank? Don't they have quite a apatite? I also love the Anthias can you pass on what kind they are, I think they look like Bartlett's Anthias??? Thanks again for posting the shots...Jeff

The angler and the lionfish are in a separate small cube tank.

This is my current list of fish:
-Squamipinis anthias 9 females and 2 males. They allused to be females.
-Hutchi anthias 3 females and one male
-Barlett anthias 8 females and one male
-One tiger tuka anthia
-achilles tang
-red sea sailfin tang
-powder blue tang
-regal angel
-moorish idol
-18 green chromis
-solarensis fairy wrasse
-yellow fin fairy wrasse
-mystery wrasse (2 of them)
-Male carpenter fairy wrasse and 2 females
-orange back fairy wrasse
-fine spotted fairy wrasse
-mandarin goby
-pigmy possum wrasse
-swalesi basslet
-2 bangaii cardinals
-5 pajama cardinals
-mated pair of saddle back clowns
-single sebae clown
I am sure I am missing one or two

What do you feed the angler? Feeder fish/silversides, something like that? Just curious. Cool fish.

Aw man! I saw the title of this thread, and I thought we were going to see pics of Alberto! :D

Couldn't resist the MI any longer after seeing Copps tank? Looks great! and Great photos!

Back