Faciosity's 30 gallon bedroom tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
So about 6 months ago, I picked up a good deal on a 30 gallon Eclipse tank that had been drilled and fitted with an overflow to a 10 gallon sump and an internal return pump running back up through the eclipse hood back into the display. My intentions at the time were to turn it into a frag tank, but the simple 2 bulb T12 fixture would not work for many of my SPS corals. I put 20# of live sand and almost 50 lbs of rock in and let it cycle for a couple months with a few water changes in between. After the cycling was done, I installed a 24 bulb Blue LED strip, and put a Reef Octopus HOB skimmer on the sump rated up to 130 gallons! The first thing I threw in there was some zoanthids, a few mushrooms and a mandarin goby, followed a while later by some kenya trees, xenia, hermits, a large turbo snail and some more shrooms. By this point, there was no turning back and it ended up being my softy tank. I got some more livestock in there including a green toadstool, some GSP, some ricordia yumas, a flame angel, six line wrasse, gold striped maroon clown, a tiger sea cucumber, a red Hawaiian crab of some sort, a few more hermits and big neon hairy mushrooms. Here is a few pics, although my camera is not so good.

DSCN7162.jpg

DSCN7165.jpg

DSCN7173.jpg

Ooo nice it looks stuffed!
I want a Pico 3 maybe 5 gallong for our bedroom.
What is that lime green and white in the first picture in the left? Looks like Somethig my buddy has but I can't find it anywher, and he has yet to frag it.
Thanks in advance!

Back