False percs and anemone....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

boosted306

What are some of the anemone species that flase percs will host? Or is it the anemone hosting the clowns? I am not sure my clowns have ever had an anemone being I have had them since youth (1.2 years). I was just going to buy one and hang a picture of clowns in an anemone on the tank to see if they would make it a home. I have heard that would work. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

I have a false perc and he likes my RBTA. but bubble tips work and same with the seabea. I did the whole hanging picture on the side of the tank and a week later he started to host it so i recon it works lol. So if you do get one he might jump right in or take a little while so dont get discouraged if it takes some time mmmkay.

its anemone hosting clowns. false perc usually host bubble tips in my experience anyways. Yeah ive heard about the hanging a picture thing on the forum(sounds crazy but i think it makes sense lol) but ive been luckily enough that my clown took to in within a couple hours :D.

yeah my maroon took to hers in the nght i was happy and i never noticed that u have the same last three numbers as me haha 989

So any bubble tip or a seabae?

EDIT: What are some of the care either species needs? I want to be a responsible keeper and learn as much as possible prior to the purchase. When, what, and how do they eat. I have seen people feed krill, fish, squid, etc. but what is the best? What do they require as far as water parameters?

I have tried to keep condis but everyone of them has kicked it. The first one that I bought wouldn't eat, well, it would but then would expel it within hours. The second I had looked great when I bought it and looked great the day it died. It never would attach to anything though. Also, it was not very sticky.

Last edited:
haha wow i never noticed that lol slim.

ive had mine host some xenia :D

clown.jpg

also heard some stories or torches leathers some funny ones likea coco worm clowns are adorable!

I wish my xenia would get large enough to host the pair. I may print your picture and tape it to the tank to see what happens. lol....

i didnt have any really good nuzzling shots. and my clowns just always want to crowd the camera all the time lol

my xenia has a ways to grow before it could host a pair but that would be extremely neat. the xenia I bought seems to be growing very quickly so we will see what happens. thanks for the pics.

PS clowns are camera hogs

type in "CLOWN ANEMONE COMPATIBILITY CHART" on google and you'll find LOTS of places with "best suited" Anemones for clown. But they will host what they like!!

P.S. tangs are also camera hogs.

So any bubble tip or a seabae?

EDIT: What are some of the care either species needs? I want to be a responsible keeper and learn as much as possible prior to the purchase. When, what, and how do they eat. I have seen people feed krill, fish, squid, etc. but what is the best? What do they require as far as water parameters?

I have tried to keep condis but everyone of them has kicked it. The first one that I bought wouldn't eat, well, it would but then would expel it within hours. The second I had looked great when I bought it and looked great the day it died. It never would attach to anything though. Also, it was not very sticky.

I followed the advice of this lady and have had good results with my RBTA.
Started with one and have two splits.

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

This little one at the top of the pic is from the latest split.
DSCN3138.jpg

The on you see top right is the bigger half of the last split.
DSCN3140.jpg

Well my snowflake is no clown but its funny that he hosted my torch haha.
ok first time posting a pic will see how this goes.
IMAG0059.jpg

Back