Favia with white spots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

badger126

Zoanthid Addict
Wondering if anyone can help me out.....I bought a favia 3 or 4 weeks ago and it has developed some whitish areas. It is a green favia with brown ridges and the white is developing in the bottom parts of 2 of the green "eyes"(I don't know correct coral terminology). Water parameters are spot on - no nitrates, calcium and alkalinity in range, temp is 86, etc. I didn't think it was a bleaching issue since it's so localized, in only 2 of the 9-11 polyps. The coral has seen good growth, all the polyps that were severed when fragging have healed or almost healed, and the entire favia has grown 1/4-1/2 an inch in every direction since I glued it to the rock. Any ideas on what the white spots could be?

Really? I was under the impression that ideal reef temp was anywhere between 72-78 degrees. What's ideal for temp then? I'll change it

I've noticed Favias and Acans do not like Alk. When I tried to get my alk up for the SPS, my acans/favias suffered severely.

I've noticed Favias and Acans do not like Alk. When I tried to get my alk up for the SPS, my acans/favias suffered severely.

I keep my Alk ~9dKh and haven't noticed any problems with my acans. I don't have any favias, so I can't say anything about them...

Back