favorite coral in your tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bradreef

always kidding
Everyone has a favorite(s) in their tank. I have seen some really nice tables lately. BigT has the nicest tenuis I have ever seen in person and chuck has some really nice stags. What are you most proud of.

I love my gomezi. Not a rare coral but as colorful as the $60 frags you can buy online

gomezi2-2.jpg

I want to see everyone's, chuck, Mike (you have some great ones from what I have heard, Deepwater), kevin, tricities, spokane, bellingham, oregon, east coast, and california, lets see them. dust off your camera.

yeah, unfortunately he bleached out a bit earlier this week as I moved him up too far too fast. He looks to be recovering okay, but we will see.

Mat

done that many times. As long as it still has polyp extention it will be fine. and will color up.

My fave, bad picture, under compact flor lights 4x96 watt, upgrading to 2x250 Mh 14,000k this week. I really dig the bright pink growing margin. It started as a tiny piece the size of a pencil eraser I shoved in a hole in the rock.

Brad, the Gomezi is cool. Now all you need is a Morticiai, a Pugsliei, and a Wendsdayi. Then you would be all hooked up. LOL Awesome acro BC

Blue Tort

That is a awsome Tort RedEyeReef Great Job raising it!!!

RedEyeReef said:
My Blue Tort and a Milli

Here is a Oregon Picture of a Acropora insignis I have only had for about 3 week But it is My Favorite :)

wright. It took me at least thirty seconds to get that joke. Wow I go play basketball for 3 hours and this thread took off. good job guys. dang it must be hard to find a favorite with all of the coral in your tank. redeye that looks like an Ora tort. love how big it is, always seeing frags around. apprentice I saw that insignis a week ago you posted and think it is great. looks like one of the blues kevin has in his tank but more of a bottlebrush growth.

Brad, this is my favorite acropora. Ya'll have any idea what species it is. It is a heavy slimer and the color has deepened and it is about my oldest acropora.
7.jpg

This is an old pic of this coral as it has grown quite steadily and the color has intensified with my XM 10ks.

Thanks Brad, I talked a LFS owner out of it from their display tank about 2001. This one made it through the crash of the 180g thankfully.

The pic was under iwasaki's. Now I need to get an updated pic of it from under the 10k XM's. The color is even nicer now.

Back