February 18th tank tour and hospitality

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Hello everyone!

You will be receiving your evite shortly for the upcoming meeting. We would like to arrange a small tank tour early Saturday afternoon. Bob would really like to view some members tanks and stores if possible. So I'm looking for a few of you in the south end who would like to participate in this.

We would like to go to Indoor Reef since they are being so generous in helping Bob come out for a visit so anyone with tanks between Indoor Reef, please speak up!

Also, we are looking for some transporation and other help.. if you can help us out please send me a PM.

So where are all you south enders?

Colleen

I nominate "Tangee's" tank. Very stable LPS, softy mixed tank and it is right in Puyallup.

Best,
Ilham

I want to see some tanks!

:lol: This sounds like a awesome time, I hope I can follow you and Scott again...Can we meet at the bowling alley again? That ole lady was pretty impressive.:lol:

Hey Colleen,
Your box is full :D I would be happy to have my tank toured. I'll even try to get the coralline off the front! Let me know when your box is cleared and I'll send you the info you need.

Susie

Looks like our premeeting social will be at Dang's (Tamarind Thai). Will get some times together and get it posted. ALso have a few stops. It's gonna be a busy day!

If you made my place the last stop on your list I might be home from work in time for everyone to come by.

Tank tour evite was just sent out. We are starting at 11am at Indoor Reef. If you didn't get an evite, let me know. I've added everyone I was aware of that hadn't been added.

Hope to see alot of you there.

Indoor Reef stop one
Tom stop two
Susie stop three
Kahuna Corals stop four
Dangs - Tamarind Thai stop five

then the meeting... :)

Some pictures from Tank Tour on Feb. 18, 2006

1st Picture is off large Skimmer for two large tubs of LR at Indoor Reef. Indoor Reef had a awesome quarantine area for fish, two large tubs of nice looking LR being skimmed, The Display Tanks all looked very clean, and did animals.
Kudos to people that put this store together.

2nd Picture is Scott looking at LR curing. Behind Scott is the quarantine section for fish. Indoor Reef was planned very well.

2nd Stop at Tank Tour was at Big T's Place

1st Picture is part of Big T's Auto Top off.
2nd picture is part of Big T's Sump with His Kalkwasser Reactor which feeds directly into his skimmer. This provides better skimming.
3rd picture is not a very good picture of Big T's Tank. Big T's tank was pretty nice. Picture did not do it justice.

Still 2nd Stop

Picture of Big T's Frag System.
Again, picture did not do it justice. I hope to buy a few frags from Big T.

3rd Stop Tangees House

1st picture of Tangees Tank. Check out the Canopy, and all the healthy animals. Check out the Plate coral on top of Rock, Tangee says its easier to feed up there. The plate coral looked awesome.
2nd picture is one of the clown fish that was born in Tangees System.

Still 3rd Stop

I am not letting this Canopy slip by that easy.
Check out the way it lifts up and how, very well thought out.
I have a few more pictures of this if you would like to see more.

Ok, Sneaking in a 4th Stop. You should have gone.

This is Vicki's Tank. How about a tank 36 inches Tall, 10 foot long full of happy animals. Vicki had a pair of Sailfin Algae Blennies Spawning periodically. She also had a pair of Hipo Tangs that were acting strange, could they be spawning also? Vicki also had a bunch of Nanos set up in here Kitchen, then a nice Koi pond running outside. Does this gal have the Fish Bug, lol. It definitely shows she loves her animals. One of these Nanos has a shell with Sailfin Algae Blenny eggs.

Last edited:
Still At Vicki's

Vicki had a surprise. Vicki opened her canopy and flipped a switch. Vickie's tank was full of bubbles in no time showing the movement of water. Vickie's Red Lobophyllia responded by growing in size and extending its arms to feed.
Bob stated the surge of air bubbles is very good for Redox.

Last edited:
Next Stop Big Kahunnas..Stop number 5

It was nice to see Barry again. Barry taught me about Luminarc Reflectors. I was in Awe looking at Barry's Skimmer, Now thats a Euro Reef.
All Barry's corals looked great. Hey, You should have seen the brightly colored Crocea Clams he had.
Good to see you again Barry. I definitely want to come back when there is more time. Very nice operation, Very good person.

Good Food, Awesome service, Awesome guy, Really nice Reef Tanks..

Everyone Knows Dang. Thats Tamaraind Thai. The people flocked there for a good reason. Here are a few shots of that guy people always look forward to visiting..
People were able to meet from other area and compare notes about their Reef Tanks. Did I menton how good the Thai food was, never enough said. Very nice to meet you Dennis, thanks for good information.
Ok, lets go hear Bob Fenner Talk...Sure enjoyed the visiting...

Back