Feedback for sponsor letter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
Hey Ed, Mark, Shauna, Josh and Randy...

What do you guys think? I based on the one chat we had and conversations I've had with each of you. What more needs to be added? I'd like to get this out to all of them this week.

Dear Club Sponsors,

First, I apologize for the lateness of this letter. The board members have finally come to an agreement about a few things and we would like to make them public to you. I have had feedback from several sponsors requesting definitions of what a sponsor is, and also have had feedback from sponsors saying they feel the playing field is not as fair as they wish it to be.

We cannot have a club without our sponsors and members; and both are equally important. My goal has been to try to include our sponsors in our activities, to support the stores as you have supported us.

With that said, here is what we have decided. Keep in mind, this may change as board members move on and new ones come on board from year to year.

• A meeting co-sponsor is a sponsor who covers at least 1/3 of the combined expense for a meeting. This is usually around $800 depending on airfare costs. This includes airfare, two nights hotel and a room rental. For large meetings, we are pretty much stuck with Bellevue Community College who has given us excellent rates as well as use of the digital projector and computer. A co-sponsor also allows us to secure an additional sponsor if funding is an issue.
• A full meeting sponsor needs to cover at least 50% of the total meeting sponsor and will not include any other sponsor.
• Sponsors need to allow the club the opportunity to purchase items for a raffle at cost. It has been difficult to obtain raffle items and as such we have been discussing the need to purchase items.
• We also are asking for professionalism at all times. Stores in the same area are welcome to do what the wish as we of course cannot control actions; but ask common courtesy and professionalism. You can expect that in return from the club board members as well.

For the remainder of the year we have the following meetings open for sponsorship:

• February 2007: I am in the process of confirming Frank Marini.
• March 2007: We are thinking about a vendor night again; but with more notice, more organization, and are trying to bring in some other companies as well. We have a couple possibilities. We would love to hear if you would be interested in trying another vendor night also.
• May 2007: Charles Delbeek (Tentatively held for Blue Sierra)

Am I asking for trouble with the professionalism issue? I tried to cover all areas, as it really could be SWC vs Blue Sierra for example, although I dont expect that to happen. I dont want to get blasted so let me know what you think.

Colleen

Asking for professionalism is fine, I think that they should recognize the things they do aren't the best.

Very good letter.

-Josh-:cool:

for the fourth bullet, what do you think about this......

We also are asking for professionalism at all times. Stores in the same area are bound to be very competitive, but we ask common courtesy and professionalism when it comes to the PSAS meetings and events. You can expect that in return from the club board members as well.

for the fourth bullet, what do you think about this......

We also are asking for professionalism at all times. Stores in the same area are bound to be very competitive, but we ask common courtesy and professionalism when it comes to the PSAS meetings and events. You can expect that in return from the club board members as well.

nice..:) I like it well said, and no fingers being pointed, but saying we like to work together.

Back