Feeding question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MrSculpin

Coming up soon we will be gone for a few days. Probably leave on a thur and back sunday. Im wondering if my fish will be okay without food for two days.

I have a stary blennie, bangi cardinal, shrimp and watchman goby and two clowns.

Im having someone come each day to check on the place ect.. not sure on the tank as far as having someone who doesnt know anything about tanks having to shut off pumps, and thaw food ect..

thoughts?

I dont have an auto feeder, maybe in the future that would be a good alt.

I don't think that I would go that long. I know that some Wal-Marts have a cheap once a day auto feeder that sells around $10 to $15. Well worth it compared to coming home to a dead fish. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

I don't think that I would go that long. I know that some Wal-Marts have a cheap once a day auto feeder that sells around $10 to $15. Well worth it compared to coming home to a dead fish. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Can you put the frozen stuff in them?
All my fish like flakes or shrimp pellets cept the cardinal.

And what do you do for the herbivores and their sheets? Just do algae flakes? I'm in the same boat my friend.

If your tank is healthy, good water & fish healthy they should go that distance easily without problems. Feeding flake foods I wouldn't recommend but maybe some pellets but very little. IMO I wouldn't worry about that though for such a short time.

as scooter said.. If your tank is healthy and your fish are healthy you shouldnt have any problem with that

Ill go a little ferther... at the risk of scolding..... Ive goon weeks with out feeding... granted every ones tanks are different and im not saying you should do that..

but If your tank is able to support your bio load= bio weight your fish should be actively hunting pritty much all day for pods and food..

my fish hunt all day, and know when im feeding

I agree as well. Two days without feeding should be no problem. I have gone three or four days between feedings and didn't see any problems with fish.

flake and pellet foods are awsome for fish and corals my gobble them up readly

I've got a friend that swears by feeding only once a week. He's had the same 25 yellow tangs in a 75 for 8 years. I don't have that good of luck. I always seem to loose a fish if I wait more than a day or two.

Don

make sure your water is clean... and your eqpiment is fine.... but do not mess with it b4 you go..... more chance of messing up

Back