Finally ready to pull the trigger on a new skimmer for my 40 Breeder

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rainydave

Chimp in Space......
I finally have the money to buy a "real" skimmer for my 40 Breeder (with a 20 long sump/refugium).

It's a mixed Softy/LPS/SPS tank.

I'm leaning toward the SWC Extreme 120, but am open to other options. I want to buy the right one now so I don't have to replace it in the near future.

+1 on good choice Dave, I have the SWC Extreme 200 for my 125g gotten from Skimmy. Although it is still all new & shiny (unused) all that I've seen in use are great skimmers for the $'s

Cheers, Todd

I'm going with an in-sump version. I thought about the HOB style, but didn't want more stuff on the top of the tank.

+1 on good choice Dave, I have the SWC Extreme 200 for my 125g gotten from Skimmy. Although it is still all new & shiny (unused) all that I've seen in use are great skimmers for the $'s

Cheers, Todd

I agree, 100%! I've been running the SWC MiniS Cone, on my 200, since setting it up. LOVE IT!

I'm going with an in-sump version. I thought about the HOB style, but didn't want more stuff on the top of the tank.

That makes perfect sense.

I like it. It's pulling a steady stream of skimmate out.

The build quality is great. I was impressed when I unpacked it. Setup was a breeze. Surprisingly it producing the first night. I thought it would take a bit longer to break in.

Back