Finnex Nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kirk...I dont think you need an aquarium for your office. No need to get stopped by security again carrying in gas cans for water changes. :)

True, but facilities gave me the all clear to have one. So I am thinking about it. I just need to make sure that the cans are the clear ones not the red gas cans. :)

Kirk

the m tanks are actually really good, a better skimmer, an actual refugium, and t5's w/ moonlights. great for under $400.

the only thing i dont like is that the finnex light fixture doesnt have individual reflectors for the t5's, but still an awesome deal, and im sure there's enought light there for lps and a few acros.

skimmer looks as though it can be mesh modded from the diagram:)

Mark,

Do you think 4x24w T5 bulbs (96w) is enough for LPS, anemones and a crocea clam? I loved the fact that it has a skimmer AND a built-in fuge.

Kirk

I think t-5 bulbs are pretty darn intense. The tanks not very deep other, I would imagine it would be fine....?

lots of soft coral have that tank packed in no time nano softys always have a nice charm

Morgan,

I am all over a nice fiji yellow leather..Consider it already stocked in the tank.
:D:D

M-Tanks are cool!!! I wanted to get one, but heard they didn't pack the tanks well for shipping so I didn't take the chance (LOL) Great options with them for sure :)

I just bought one of these about 3 weeks ago.

I absolutely love mine. I bought it at a LFS in Milwaukee the last time I went there to visit. The lighting can be adjusted really easily. I went to Home Depot and bought one of those solar tubes and cut it up and made my own reflectors. The protein skimmer, is a little finicky during break-in, it would over-flow for no apparent reason, however after break-in, it works fine. I use Cheato and live rock in my fuge. However, I couldn't find any small pieces of live rock small enough to put in there, so I bought 1 big piece and smashed it up. I haven't added anything to it yet, I am still cycling it with some damsels.

Back