First tank ever, 180 gal custom acrylic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TeamUltraSpeed

Well I own the body shop next to SP Aquatics and had to get something set up. So I got Sean from SP Aquatics to build me 180 gallon, external overflow tank with all the filtration too. Its got 4 outlets for closed loop across the back, and a black rear wall. The sumps were split into 2, one being the refugium and the other the skimmer section and return pump section due to the small door openings in the stand. The stand is cool too, tank sits at 36" high, so its right eye level instead of that 28-30" stuff.

I bought a 150 gal rubbermaid tub about 2 months ago and have been curing rock since then, so the tank was all set up and the cycle is already done with. Its testing 0 ammonia already, so i added a chromis and a maroon clown. Now this is my first aquarium, but they have worked with me hours and hours on trying to bring me up to speed on it all. Ive never seen anyone so prideful in their work, its great. And willing to answer any questions i have all the time.

Let me tell you this tank is sick looking, i mean you cant tell where one piece of acrylic starts and the other ends, its amazing! Same with the sumps too, just ridiculous quality.

Ill try and remember all the gear ive got on the system,:
Euro reef skimmer, cant remember model, but its good for like a 210 gal or something
sequence external closed loop pump, like 2500 gph
quiet one return pump, like 2000 gph
3-250 14k mh's
4-6 foot actinic vhos
moonlights(my favorite)
a couple fans in the canopy
ball valves on each outlet for individual flow adjustment

Ill keep updates coming!
JPG0014.jpg

JPG0020.jpg

JPG0022.jpg

JPG0015.jpg

JPG0024.jpg

JPG0023.jpg

JPG0025.jpg

Welcome to RF!!!! :) Very very nice setup you have there! Enjoy it and I hope you enjoy it here as well :)

Welcome fellow Reeffer! Nice setup! i like the rock scape, nice job, keep us up to date on pix.

Thats a beauty!!! Nice aquascape I like the coast to coast overflow very nice. This WILL be a very nice 1st reef tank. Great job!!

Sheesh, my first tank was a 2.5 gallon with a corner dacron wool box filter, some Anacharus plants with a few guppies. Awesome first tank dude!

Looks very nice and ready to go. Beautiful Overflow in the back and Very nice Aquascaping :)

One suggestion!

If you have not already done this is to protect the tank from electrical voltage get a GFI outlet. Several people have wish they did!

Do you have an auto top off unit to keep the water level constant?
Do you have a Container to use for water changes Yet ?

:)

Paul

yep start small see if u like it l.o.l. WELCOME please pllllleease keep us up to date on the corals and fish u go with .remember we all are here to share are ideas and experiences with things. helps with the opps guess that didnt work ...

Beautiful tank!!! Love the aquascaping.

Oh how pristine new setups are, no coraline or other algeas anywhere (I spent yesterday scraping coraline :evil:)

Back