First time this happens in almost more then 58 yrs in keeping eels

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OldManOfTheSea

Here is something in which I been telling others that could and can happen, no matter how long your a pair of eels together for. For I had these goldentails together now for five years and I began to noticed a difference in the male goldentail when he was hiding at the very bottom, but I couldn't see if anything was wrong or not and more then a week ago he stuck his head out and was looking OK.

So now what I will do is if I cannot remove either of the eels without tearing apart the tank LR, I will then hope for the best that it will heal and become less stressful from it. Something I told so many when I use too answer eel questions that eels can either live well together and for whatever reasons, one can or could any giving day take bites out from the other.

So for now, I will feed twice a week the other eel in allowing it to leave be the male so that he might recover from its injuries but if I could seen these injuries sooner, it would had made more a difference to me changing their feeding schedule and as of right now, im preparing this weeks water change.
On the above message, I been lucky in that not happen up to now. For its not so bad a record when you think about it that I had eels for from the time I were 11 in which that I had kept eels for 58 years and only now something like this does happen. In any case, im not surprised however that it did happening and now I will do all that I may to help the male in his recovery.

Buddy

Back