fish acting weird

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklight2ooo

so i have a Bangaii Cardinal, that will just sit in the corner of my tank all day long. never moves. he kind of just gets pushed around by they current. he is still eating but loves that spot.

i have a maron clown that picks on him a lot if he moves from that spot.

when night comes he moves all over the tank.

Is this pretty normal for this kind of fish?

or should i donate him because i would hate to see such a beautiful guy get picked on by my jerk of a clown.]

forgot to add... i am running a nano at 12 gallons. i have 2 powerheads and lots of soft corals. i have some t-5 lights over the top of them.

tank is almost a year ...

Someone with more clownfish experience will chime in, but the maroon is one of the most aggressive clowns and the Bangaii is one of the most passive fish. The maroon will also get quite large for a 12 gallon.

I would recommend replacing the maroon with a smaller clown, or donate the Bangaii if you want to keep the maroon.

Yeah, maroons are quite agressive sometimes especially if they were the first ones introduced to the tank. You "may" have to remove one or the other... :)

I would recommend replacing the maroon with a smaller clown, or donate the Bangaii if you want to keep the maroon.

Agree with this... those two fish in a 12g are trouble. I think anything you put in there with the maroon will be trouble in that small of a tank.

Back